Thursday, August 5, 2010

#480. Kataxu - Roots Thunder

Genre: NS Black Metal
Origin: Poland
Release Date: 2000
Label: Slava Productions

NSBM. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. In this case I love it dearly with all my heart. Kataxu was actually one of the first black metal bands I got into, and I stumbled upon them while reading random reviews on a website.

This album is drenched in keyboards. They are everywhere. But, where most bands fail with the keyboard, this does the opposite. Captivating and emotional melodies meld together seamlessly, while epic and beautiful landscapes are created. This album fills you with wonder of natural beauty.

There are two metal tracks here, My Name Through the Forest and the title track. In between those songs are fantastic ambient songs. This is atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere. The title track is probably the best song here, where near the middle of the song a sharp-sounding riff with thunder in the background comes up, and sends shivers down your spine. All 11 minutes of this song is pure sonic pleasure.

1.Intro02:59
2.My Name from the Forest07:14
3.War05:07
4.Roots Thunder11:32
5.Nawia03:19
Total playing time30:11

Metal-Archives
Sonic Orgasm

No comments:

Post a Comment